Foodies, women and do-gooders are already setting the top travel trends for the new year, according to Triple-A of Arizona.
“For the extreme foodie, you can do some European trips where you can try all different types of cuisines and delicacies,” said Michell Donati with Triple-A of Arizona.
Donati said philanthropic travel, where people spend part of their vacation volunteering, is also an emerging trend.
“A lot of folks want to go and relax and have a good time, but they may also want to give back,” she said. “Perhaps it would involve some clean-up efforts or homebuilding or a visit to an orphanage.”
Donati said group travel, especially among women, will also be popular.
“Sometimes they are widowed or not share the same travel interests as their spouse or perhaps they just want to go on a girls’ trip and get away.”
In 2012, AAA launched a social club for women who love to travel and Donati said the trips are designed to attract a variety of interests and people.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon