Foodies, women and do-gooders are already setting the top travel trends for the new year, according to Triple-A of Arizona.
“For the extreme foodie, you can do some European trips where you can try all different types of cuisines and delicacies,” said Michell Donati with Triple-A of Arizona.
Donati said philanthropic travel, where people spend part of their vacation volunteering, is also an emerging trend.
“A lot of folks want to go and relax and have a good time, but they may also want to give back,” she said. “Perhaps it would involve some clean-up efforts or homebuilding or a visit to an orphanage.”
Donati said group travel, especially among women, will also be popular.
“Sometimes they are widowed or not share the same travel interests as their spouse or perhaps they just want to go on a girls’ trip and get away.”
In 2012, AAA launched a social club for women who love to travel and Donati said the trips are designed to attract a variety of interests and people.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains