There could be more entertainment options coming soon to the East Valley at a high-end Mesa shopping center in the near future.
There are plans in place for a new movie theater, 126-room hotel, several new restaurants, an apartment complex and new offices to come to the 66-acre Village Square at Dana Park shopping center at Val Vista drive and Baseline Road.
According to Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, the Mesa City Council has already approved of the expansion plans at Dana Park, which already includes restaurants such as RA Sushi, Pita Jungle, Pei Wei, Sauce and Buca di Beppo.
Houston-based Whitestone owns the Mesa Center and there is no set day to start on construction for the new expansion plans.
- Valley law enforcement K9s undergo explosive detection training
- Here are the Phoenix-area highway restrictions for Jan. 19 weekend
- Amazon passes over Arizona cities for second headquarters site
- Pie Face Showdown is supposed to be fun, but not for this Mesa 5-year-old
- Main Street Minute: Black Chamber of Arizona recruits new leader