A Valley pizzeria has some of the best pizza in the country, a website said.
“FoodandWine.com is, for us, very prestigious,” he said. “Every day we try to continue to get better. Hopefully we’ll be better than yesterday and not as good as tomorrow.”
When asked what the best pizza on his menu is, Bianco said “I always say to people that the best pizza is the one that you like the best. For me, I might have a simple margarita marinara, the simplest ones on the menu. I would suggest that people read the menu over, see what strikes your fancy, and go for it. Don’t let any pizza man tell you what to eat.”
FoodandWine.com said the pizzas have “beautiful wood fired crusts that are made with organic flour, fresh mozzarella and house-smoke mozzarella.”
Bianco agrees that the ingredients are what make them so good.
“There’s a big difference between what tastes good and what is good,” he said, adding that he uses ingredients that are local and organic.
“Of course, none of it matters if it doesn’t taste delicious. For me, taste is pretty suggestive. I’m pretty happy with the way they taste.”
Pizzeria Bianco is known for long waits and lines out the door, but Bianco said he’s done something about that.
“We used to just open at five o’clock,” he said. “Now we open at 11 and stay open all day. That’s done an incredible wonder for our line and our wait.”
FoodandWine.com also rated Pizzeria Bianco as among the top 50 pizzerias in the country.
Pizzeria Bianco is located at 623 E. Adams St. in Phoenix.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains