PHOENIX — Now that Christmas is over, it might be a good time to take the Christmas tree down.
Leaving a dry Christmas tree up could lead to a fire. To demonstrate, the Phoenix Fire Department simulated a living room with a fully decorated Christmas tree, wrapped presents, and a living room chair. Then set the tree on fire.
“It took no less than 10 seconds between the time that the tree caught on fire to consume the entire contents of that room,” said Phoenix Fire spokesman Larry Nunez.
Nunez said now’s the time to recycle that tree. You can find out where to take the tree on the City of Phoenix’s website.
“They’ll give you locations to where you can take your trees to separate parks so that they can be shredded,” Nunez said.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees