It’s already time to figure out what to do with that Christmas tree sitting in your living room.
Mesa residents can recycle their Christmas tree for free through January 13, 2013.
The city of Mesa asks everyone to remove all nails, tinsel, lights and ornaments from the trees before dropping them off. Trees painted white, or flocked, will not be accepted because it does not break down in the environment. Wreaths will not be accepted either, because of the metal wiring.
You may also pay $19.99 and have your tree picked up curbside. The Christmas “Treecycling” program is provided for Mesa residents only.
Here are the five locations for 24-hour drop off:
City of Mesa Solid Waste Management Department, 730 N. Mesa Dr.
East Mesa Service Center, 6935 E. Decatur St.
Superstitions Springs Police/Fire Substation, 2430 S. Ellsworth Rd.
Mountain View Park, 845 N. Lindsay Rd. (Enter off Adobe St.)
Dobson Ranch Park, 2363 S. Dobson Rd.
Salt River Landfill, 13602 N Beeline Hwy.
Apartment and condominium complexes can schedule a one-time pick up at no charge. Those requests need to be submitted by Jan. 10.
The City of Phoenix is also accepting trees at any participating park until January 5, 2013. Participating parks include:
• Deer Valley Park, 19th Avenue and Utopia Road
• Paradise Valley Park, 40th Street south of Union Hills Drive
• Sereno Park, 56th Street and Sweetwater Avenue
• Cactus Park, 38th Avenue and Cactus Road
• Mountain View Park, Seventh Avenue south of Peoria Avenue
• Marivue Park, 59th Avenue and Osborn Road
• Washington Park, 23rd Avenue and Maryland Avenue
• Madison Park, 16th Street and Glenrosa Avenue
• Los Olivos Park, 28th Street and Devonshire Avenue
• Desert West Park, 67th Avenue and Encanto Boulevard
• El Reposo Park, Seventh Street and Alta Vista Road
• Mountain Vista Park, 50th Street just north of Ray Road
• Desert Foothills Park, Desert Foothills and Chandler Boulevard
• Cesar Chavez Park, 35th Avenue and Baseline Road
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food