PHOENIX — While the clock ticks, the shopping crush continues. According to a survey conducted by Consumer Reports, 17 million shoppers will spend part of their Christmas Eve hitting stores.
Hoping to capture as many dollars as possible, some retailers have been open non-stop since Friday, including some Toys ‘R Us stores in the Valley.
If you want to avoid scouring shelves you can order online by 2 p.m. on Christmas Eve for in-store pick-up in time for Christmas. Most Toys ‘R Us locations are open until 10 p.m. Monday night. Visit www.toyrsus.com to check the store hours nearest you.
Most major retailers, like Kmart, Target and Best Buy open at 6, 7 and 8 a.m. and close on Christmas Eve at 5, 6 or 7 p.m. Best Buy also promises Christmas Eve in-store pick-up if you order online by 3 p.m.
According to the Consumer Reports survey, 62 percent of last-minute shoppers will buy gift cards, while 27 percent will give cash. A bottle of wine or liquor will be the choice for 15 percent, while 4 percent say they provide an IOU. Other last-minute items include candy and lottery tickets.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development