PHOENIX — While the clock ticks, the shopping crush continues. According to a survey conducted by Consumer Reports, 17 million shoppers will spend part of their Christmas Eve hitting stores.
Hoping to capture as many dollars as possible, some retailers have been open non-stop since Friday, including some Toys ‘R Us stores in the Valley.
If you want to avoid scouring shelves you can order online by 2 p.m. on Christmas Eve for in-store pick-up in time for Christmas. Most Toys ‘R Us locations are open until 10 p.m. Monday night. Visit www.toyrsus.com to check the store hours nearest you.
Most major retailers, like Kmart, Target and Best Buy open at 6, 7 and 8 a.m. and close on Christmas Eve at 5, 6 or 7 p.m. Best Buy also promises Christmas Eve in-store pick-up if you order online by 3 p.m.
According to the Consumer Reports survey, 62 percent of last-minute shoppers will buy gift cards, while 27 percent will give cash. A bottle of wine or liquor will be the choice for 15 percent, while 4 percent say they provide an IOU. Other last-minute items include candy and lottery tickets.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever