Arizona highways and airports have already begun to fill with the nearly two million Arizonans who will take to the skies and roads this holiday season.
Triple-A of Arizona estimates that the 2012 travel season will only see a one percent increase in travelers on the road over the same time period in 2011.
“What that means is one-in-four Arizonans will be getting in the car and driving to their destination,” said Michelle Donati with Triple-A of Arizona.
Air travel is expected to see a four percent increase in travelers.
“We’re look at 137,000 Arizonans traveling by air,” Donati said.
Thanks to a 22-month low in gas prices, Donati estimated that Arizona families will spend about 10 percent less on travel in 2012 compared to 2011.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.