Arizona highways and airports have already begun to fill with the nearly two million Arizonans who will take to the skies and roads this holiday season.
Triple-A of Arizona estimates that the 2012 travel season will only see a one percent increase in travelers on the road over the same time period in 2011.
“What that means is one-in-four Arizonans will be getting in the car and driving to their destination,” said Michelle Donati with Triple-A of Arizona.
Air travel is expected to see a four percent increase in travelers.
“We’re look at 137,000 Arizonans traveling by air,” Donati said.
Thanks to a 22-month low in gas prices, Donati estimated that Arizona families will spend about 10 percent less on travel in 2012 compared to 2011.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl