Arizona highways and airports have already begun to fill with the nearly two million Arizonans who will take to the skies and roads this holiday season.
Triple-A of Arizona estimates that the 2012 travel season will only see a one percent increase in travelers on the road over the same time period in 2011.
“What that means is one-in-four Arizonans will be getting in the car and driving to their destination,” said Michelle Donati with Triple-A of Arizona.
Air travel is expected to see a four percent increase in travelers.
“We’re look at 137,000 Arizonans traveling by air,” Donati said.
Thanks to a 22-month low in gas prices, Donati estimated that Arizona families will spend about 10 percent less on travel in 2012 compared to 2011.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life