A recent inspection of scales at Arizona airports found some results that could cost travelers this holiday season.
Nearly 30 percent of the estimated 200 scaled tested had some sort of major issue.
“We found a bunch of problems with the actual scales themselves,” said Shawn Marquez with the Arizona Department of Weights and measures. “Some of it was accuracy, some of them wouldn’t zero, some of them were just odd, abnormal performance issues that we just put right out of service.”
Marquez said he was disappointed that so many errors were found and that there appeared to be a lack of signs informing travelers of overage charges.
The airlines with the highest number of broken scales in Phoenix were Aeromexico, Hawaiian Airlines, jet Blue, Frontier and Air Canada.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick