If you’re planning to claim a school tax credit, you need to act soon.
The Arizona Education Tax Credit can help a school district and you.
“If there’s an extracurricular activity in a school, and there’s a fee that has to be paid for that, if you pay that fee or if you donate to that particular extracurricular activity, that’s a dollar-for dollar credit,” said Anthony Forschino, Assistant Director of the Arizona Department Of Revenue. “It’s $200 for singles or $400 for married.”
Forschino said to claim it on your 2012 return, you should make the donation as soon as possible because schools are closing for the holidays.
“They have to actually pay the school,” he said. “The school has to be the one that actually gets the money.”
If you can’t donate in person today, Forschino suggested you check with your respective district to see if it can accept a donation online before Dec. 31.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them