SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — If you’re reading this, it’s pretty likely that we haven’t yet been wiped off the face of the earth. However, if the Mayas are correct, we could go any minute.
“Get your guilt. Get out to eat!” said chef Payton Curry of the Brat Haus in Scottsdale. He’s created an End of the World menu that “mixes comfort food classics with a few lux indulgences.”
Some of the items include fried chicken and waffles with huckleberry syrup; gourmet hamburger with truffled fried egg; a ‘pig mac’ hamburger (a giant beef patty and a giant pork sausage patty); peanut butter and jelly with foie gras; and bacon meatloaf.
Rich and filling of course, but after all, it is the end of the world as we know it. You might as well wash it all down with a creamy Nutella milkshake or an ice-cold “La Fin Du Monde” beer.
Curry said comfort food is the way to go during this time of impending doom, but if the Mayas happen to be wrong, you can always write it off as holiday indulgence.
After all, there’s always Saturday for cardio.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.