SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — If you’re reading this, it’s pretty likely that we haven’t yet been wiped off the face of the earth. However, if the Mayas are correct, we could go any minute.
“Get your guilt. Get out to eat!” said chef Payton Curry of the Brat Haus in Scottsdale. He’s created an End of the World menu that “mixes comfort food classics with a few lux indulgences.”
Some of the items include fried chicken and waffles with huckleberry syrup; gourmet hamburger with truffled fried egg; a ‘pig mac’ hamburger (a giant beef patty and a giant pork sausage patty); peanut butter and jelly with foie gras; and bacon meatloaf.
Rich and filling of course, but after all, it is the end of the world as we know it. You might as well wash it all down with a creamy Nutella milkshake or an ice-cold “La Fin Du Monde” beer.
Curry said comfort food is the way to go during this time of impending doom, but if the Mayas happen to be wrong, you can always write it off as holiday indulgence.
After all, there’s always Saturday for cardio.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night