SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — If you’re reading this, it’s pretty likely that we haven’t yet been wiped off the face of the earth. However, if the Mayas are correct, we could go any minute.
“Get your guilt. Get out to eat!” said chef Payton Curry of the Brat Haus in Scottsdale. He’s created an End of the World menu that “mixes comfort food classics with a few lux indulgences.”
Some of the items include fried chicken and waffles with huckleberry syrup; gourmet hamburger with truffled fried egg; a ‘pig mac’ hamburger (a giant beef patty and a giant pork sausage patty); peanut butter and jelly with foie gras; and bacon meatloaf.
Rich and filling of course, but after all, it is the end of the world as we know it. You might as well wash it all down with a creamy Nutella milkshake or an ice-cold “La Fin Du Monde” beer.
Curry said comfort food is the way to go during this time of impending doom, but if the Mayas happen to be wrong, you can always write it off as holiday indulgence.
After all, there’s always Saturday for cardio.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon