A 4-month-old San Tan Valley girl drowned Thursday after being left unattended in a bath tub.
Colin Williams with Rural-Metro Fire said the scene was very hectic when crews arrived.
“There was a lot of emotion there, there was a lot of very distraught people, a lot of anxiety, which is very obvious for a situation like this,” he said. “It’s obviously very unfortunate.”
The girl’s father, 26-year-old William Miller, left her alone for about 90 seconds while attending to another child in the house. When Miller returned to the tub, he found the infant face down in the water.
Miller did perform CPR on the child.
Williams said the baby was airlifted to a hospital.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development