A Yavapai County medical assistant was sentenced Thursday to three years in prison for drug fraud.
Jodie Leanne Cox, 33, illegally obtained about 15,000 hyrdocodone pills between August 2009 and August 2011 by filling out false prescriptions for herself and her family members. She then would take these prescriptions to varying pharmacies in both Yavapai and Maricopa counties.
“Crimes related to prescription drug fraud are a serious matter,” said Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne in a press release. “These crimes compromise the integrity of our health care system. They make unwitting co-conspirators out of law-abiding citizens and out of doctors and pharmacies operating in good faith. They also increase costs, and, most seriously, they endanger people’s lives.”
Cox was charged in a 134-count indictment.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development