It didn’t take long for the 1-year-old orange and white tabby to find his forever family.
Less than two hours after being placed on the adoption floor at the Arizona Humane Society‘s Sunnyslope Center, Prickly Pete met his new owner, Jean Mann from Sun City.
About a week ago, an emergency medical technician with the Arizona Humane Society responded to a call about a cat stuck to a cactus. Bretta Nelson, public relations manager, said when the EMT arrived, the car had freed itself, but then got stuck in a fence.
“He was put under anesthesia and for the next two hours about four vet techs took spine after spine after spine out of him,” she said. “He’s doing remarkable.”
Nelson said nearly 90 cats are available for adoption.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas