It didn’t take long for the 1-year-old orange and white tabby to find his forever family.
Less than two hours after being placed on the adoption floor at the Arizona Humane Society‘s Sunnyslope Center, Prickly Pete met his new owner, Jean Mann from Sun City.
About a week ago, an emergency medical technician with the Arizona Humane Society responded to a call about a cat stuck to a cactus. Bretta Nelson, public relations manager, said when the EMT arrived, the car had freed itself, but then got stuck in a fence.
“He was put under anesthesia and for the next two hours about four vet techs took spine after spine after spine out of him,” she said. “He’s doing remarkable.”
Nelson said nearly 90 cats are available for adoption.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy