TEMPE, Ariz. — Hundreds of Arizona State University students graduated Thursday morning with a ceremony at Wells Fargo Arena.
This class came in just before the nation’s economy crashed in 2008 and left with the country just days away from reaching the so-called fiscal cliff.
A salary survey in September by National Association of Colleges and Employers said the average starting salary for a 2012 college graduate is just over $44,000.
Some students have jobs already or have something lined up. Brandon McClay of Santa Rosa, Calif., said he’s in no rush to start looking for work.
“I’m going home and taking time off. I have had time off for the past four years. I’ll relax and then get to work,” he said.
The comment about having time off for the past four years drew a giggle out of his proud mom.
Ryan Wonder of Carefree said he will likely go to work in the family business or go into the military.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain