TEMPE, Ariz. — Hundreds of Arizona State University students graduated Thursday morning with a ceremony at Wells Fargo Arena.
This class came in just before the nation’s economy crashed in 2008 and left with the country just days away from reaching the so-called fiscal cliff.
A salary survey in September by National Association of Colleges and Employers said the average starting salary for a 2012 college graduate is just over $44,000.
Some students have jobs already or have something lined up. Brandon McClay of Santa Rosa, Calif., said he’s in no rush to start looking for work.
“I’m going home and taking time off. I have had time off for the past four years. I’ll relax and then get to work,” he said.
The comment about having time off for the past four years drew a giggle out of his proud mom.
Ryan Wonder of Carefree said he will likely go to work in the family business or go into the military.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them