TEMPE, Ariz. — Hundreds of Arizona State University students graduated Thursday morning with a ceremony at Wells Fargo Arena.
This class came in just before the nation’s economy crashed in 2008 and left with the country just days away from reaching the so-called fiscal cliff.
A salary survey in September by National Association of Colleges and Employers said the average starting salary for a 2012 college graduate is just over $44,000.
Some students have jobs already or have something lined up. Brandon McClay of Santa Rosa, Calif., said he’s in no rush to start looking for work.
“I’m going home and taking time off. I have had time off for the past four years. I’ll relax and then get to work,” he said.
The comment about having time off for the past four years drew a giggle out of his proud mom.
Ryan Wonder of Carefree said he will likely go to work in the family business or go into the military.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl