It’s a busy time of year for the Pro Em Management Company and it has the “Help Wanted” sign out.
“With the Phoenix Open, we do the on course security, and the security at the Bird’s Nest venue across the street, kind of the post tournament music festival,” said Pro Em Vice President Brady Castro. “With that, we have quite a few security positions available.”
And Castro has someone in mind that he wants to hire.
“We hope to offer those opportunities to veterans who either are returning home, are going to return home, or who already are living in the Phoenix area and looking for some extra part time work,” said Castro.
He said military veterans are a perfect fit for the jobs.
“Their training and the commitment and those kind of things are in line with the expectations we have of our associates in terms of the service we offer.”
They are also looking for people to staff the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl and the Russo and Steele Auto Auction. The starting pay is around $10 per hour. Most of the positions are part-time.
If you’re interested, you can apply at proem.org or call (480) 921-2112.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl