It’s a busy time of year for the Pro Em Management Company and it has the “Help Wanted” sign out.
“With the Phoenix Open, we do the on course security, and the security at the Bird’s Nest venue across the street, kind of the post tournament music festival,” said Pro Em Vice President Brady Castro. “With that, we have quite a few security positions available.”
And Castro has someone in mind that he wants to hire.
“We hope to offer those opportunities to veterans who either are returning home, are going to return home, or who already are living in the Phoenix area and looking for some extra part time work,” said Castro.
He said military veterans are a perfect fit for the jobs.
“Their training and the commitment and those kind of things are in line with the expectations we have of our associates in terms of the service we offer.”
They are also looking for people to staff the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl and the Russo and Steele Auto Auction. The starting pay is around $10 per hour. Most of the positions are part-time.
If you’re interested, you can apply at proem.org or call (480) 921-2112.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments