The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued a freeze warning from 2 a.m. to 10 a.m. Thursday.
Forecaster Valerie Meyers said the warning covers a large area: Portions of the southwest and south-central Arizona
deserts, including the communities of Wenden, Wickenburg, Coolidge and Maricopa.
Sub-freezing temperatures are not anticipated within the urban core of Phoenix, but the further you move away from Phoenix, the colder it gets. Places like Apache Junction, Buckeye, Chandler, Glendale and Queen Creek and other locations may see temperatures dip below freezing for a brief time.
Some areas could see low temperatures around 25 degrees.
Meyers said you could cover outside plants and landscaping to keep them from being damaged and you should keep the pets inside.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths