The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued a freeze warning from 2 a.m. to 10 a.m. Thursday.
Forecaster Valerie Meyers said the warning covers a large area: Portions of the southwest and south-central Arizona
deserts, including the communities of Wenden, Wickenburg, Coolidge and Maricopa.
Sub-freezing temperatures are not anticipated within the urban core of Phoenix, but the further you move away from Phoenix, the colder it gets. Places like Apache Junction, Buckeye, Chandler, Glendale and Queen Creek and other locations may see temperatures dip below freezing for a brief time.
Some areas could see low temperatures around 25 degrees.
Meyers said you could cover outside plants and landscaping to keep them from being damaged and you should keep the pets inside.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise