The reindeer are getting restless up north, ready to help Santa Claus make children’s wishes come true.
“We’ve got Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, and Comet and Cupid and Doner,” said Pat George, owner of the Grand Canyon Deer Farm in Williams, Arizona.
The six hand-raised reindeer have become more active these days.
“The snow we had this last Saturday made them all hyper,” said George. “They like to go leaping around in their pens. We like to let them out and take big, long runs and they leap up in the air sometimes. They’re practicing.”
The Grand Canyon Deer farm has been in existence since the late 1960s and it’s become a tradition for thousands of Valley families.
“We have a lot of people that came when they were kids and are now bringing their own children,” said George.
The farm has a variety of animals to make the experience quite enjoyable, including llamas, a camel, bison, marmosets and talking birds. The farm will be open on Christmas Eve.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona