The reindeer are getting restless up north, ready to help Santa Claus make children’s wishes come true.
“We’ve got Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, and Comet and Cupid and Doner,” said Pat George, owner of the Grand Canyon Deer Farm in Williams, Arizona.
The six hand-raised reindeer have become more active these days.
“The snow we had this last Saturday made them all hyper,” said George. “They like to go leaping around in their pens. We like to let them out and take big, long runs and they leap up in the air sometimes. They’re practicing.”
The Grand Canyon Deer farm has been in existence since the late 1960s and it’s become a tradition for thousands of Valley families.
“We have a lot of people that came when they were kids and are now bringing their own children,” said George.
The farm has a variety of animals to make the experience quite enjoyable, including llamas, a camel, bison, marmosets and talking birds. The farm will be open on Christmas Eve.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon