The reindeer are getting restless up north, ready to help Santa Claus make children’s wishes come true.
“We’ve got Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, and Comet and Cupid and Doner,” said Pat George, owner of the Grand Canyon Deer Farm in Williams, Arizona.
The six hand-raised reindeer have become more active these days.
“The snow we had this last Saturday made them all hyper,” said George. “They like to go leaping around in their pens. We like to let them out and take big, long runs and they leap up in the air sometimes. They’re practicing.”
The Grand Canyon Deer farm has been in existence since the late 1960s and it’s become a tradition for thousands of Valley families.
“We have a lot of people that came when they were kids and are now bringing their own children,” said George.
The farm has a variety of animals to make the experience quite enjoyable, including llamas, a camel, bison, marmosets and talking birds. The farm will be open on Christmas Eve.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.