The reindeer are getting restless up north, ready to help Santa Claus make children’s wishes come true.
“We’ve got Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, and Comet and Cupid and Doner,” said Pat George, owner of the Grand Canyon Deer Farm in Williams, Arizona.
The six hand-raised reindeer have become more active these days.
“The snow we had this last Saturday made them all hyper,” said George. “They like to go leaping around in their pens. We like to let them out and take big, long runs and they leap up in the air sometimes. They’re practicing.”
The Grand Canyon Deer farm has been in existence since the late 1960s and it’s become a tradition for thousands of Valley families.
“We have a lot of people that came when they were kids and are now bringing their own children,” said George.
The farm has a variety of animals to make the experience quite enjoyable, including llamas, a camel, bison, marmosets and talking birds. The farm will be open on Christmas Eve.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments