Police are warning last-minute shoppers to keep their wits about them as they grab their gifts.
Thieves keep an eye out for anyone flashing a lot of money in a store or carrying a lot of packages to a vehicle during the shopping season.
“Even though you’re trying to be safe by putting it in the trunk, if you’re not watching the guys that’s watching you put it in the trunk, he may come back after you leave and break into your trunk,” said Surprise Police Sgt. Mike Donovan.
After the stores close, thieves often scour neighborhood streets, looking for boxes of high-dollar items, such as televisions, sitting outside homes.
“Don’t leave that box out there on the curbside for trash,” said Donovan. “That alerts bad guys that there’s a nice 50-inch television inside the residence.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon