Two years ago, Arizona joined Alaska and Vermont as the only states to allow concealed weapons without a permit.
Arizona House Democratic lawmaker Chad Campbell said it’s time to fully restore the training and permitting program.
Campbell, a gun owner himself, said allowing people to carry concealed weapons without a permit in Arizona was the most ridiculous move in terms of guns laws that he has ever seen in this state and it’s time for more safeguards to keep the wrong people from getting guns.
“Quicker, more effective background checks. That may mean closing loopholes that exist on buying from private buyers,” he said. “We need to get serious about how people go about buying guns because the wrong people are getting their hands on guns.”
Campbell said he would support a ban on certain types of assault rifles and extended ammunition magazines.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development