TUCSON, Ariz. — Authorities said an unspecified electrical malfunction of a
screen print dryer caused a fire at a Tucson strip mall that destroyed four
There isn’t a dollar estimate yet for the damage in Monday afternoon’s fire.
Firefighters managed to save about 20 other businesses in the midtown 29th
Street Business Plaza.
Tucson Fire Department officials said some of the destroyed units belonged to
Old Pueblo Trophy and a screen printing business run by Old Pueblo Trophy was in
Several 911 callers reported the fire about 3 p.m. Monday and it took crews
more than two hours to bring the blaze under control.