When children are in school, as a parent, you’d think it’s the safest place they can be, but what happened in New Town, Conn. undermines everything we believe in.
The survivors, the children in particular, face a lifetime of hurt, according to Phoenix psychologist, Dr. Ron Lavit.
“I think this is a problem they will never overcome,” said Dr. Lavit.
Lavit has evaluated and treated war veterans soon after returning from war zones and expects the survivors of the Conneticut massascre to experience Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
“They’ll always be the hurt, pain, sorrow, depression, feelings of loss,” he said.
Lavit believes families might be able to help children cope by introducing religion, spirituality and/or therapy.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl