When children are in school, as a parent, you’d think it’s the safest place they can be, but what happened in New Town, Conn. undermines everything we believe in.
The survivors, the children in particular, face a lifetime of hurt, according to Phoenix psychologist, Dr. Ron Lavit.
“I think this is a problem they will never overcome,” said Dr. Lavit.
Lavit has evaluated and treated war veterans soon after returning from war zones and expects the survivors of the Conneticut massascre to experience Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
“They’ll always be the hurt, pain, sorrow, depression, feelings of loss,” he said.
Lavit believes families might be able to help children cope by introducing religion, spirituality and/or therapy.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food