A Valley company is turning ugly sweaters into cash this holiday season.
Ugly holiday sweater parties have been a growing tradition over the years, but finding the perfect sweater for parties is generally a difficult task. Five years ago, Clarissa Trujillo was in that same spot, prompting her to found uglysweaterstore.com.
“We looked online and realized, at that time, there were not ugly sweater stores on the Internet,” she said.
Trujillo said business has been booming as the trend of bad sweater parties grows.
“Every year, we just grow exponentially,” she said. “This is our fifth year and this is definitely been our best year.”
Trujillo said that she and her husband, who are expecting twins, are working seven days per week to keep up with demand.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America