Along with holiday travel comes holiday gifts, but Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport’s Deputy Aviation Director Deborah Ostreicher said it’s a good idea to wait to wrap presents until fliers get past airport security.
Ostreicher has volunteered to wrap gifts herself in year’s past as part of Sky Harbor’s free gift wrapping service and said it’s a rewarding experience.
“I’ve got to tell you it’s really a joy to see not only how happy people are, but on several occasions people have walked up…they don’t need any gifts wrapped they just make a donation to United Way,” she said.
Located in Terminal Four, the service is available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 19, Dec. 20 and Dec. 21 beyond checkpoints B and C .
Volunteers will be on hand to wrap gifts in exchange for voluntary donations to local United Way charities.
Last year, more than $1,300 was raised for local United Way charities through the city of Phoenix Community Service Fund Drive.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development