PHOENIX — Eleven years ago, Schnepf Farms began granting a unique honor to select celebrities: The opportunity to have their bust shaped from corn. Luckily, this year is no different.
Joey Logano, NASCAR driver and Daytona 500 Champion, was the inspiration for Schnepf Farms’ celebrity corn maze this year, officials announced Friday.
This year’s maze will be in two parts: one 10-acre maze showing Logano winning the Daytona 500 and another 4-acre maze showing the logo of Logano’s sponsor, Dial 811.
Last year, Arizona Cardinals’s wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald became the ninth celebrity to hold the honor, joining the likes of Larry King, Oprah Winfrey and Mohammad Ali. In 2012, former Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash was featured in the maze.
The Queen Creek, Arizona, farm, home to the “zombie outbreak” haunted house, will be open every Thursday through Sunday in October.
- Phoenix-area freeways to be closed, restricted during Sept. 8 weekend
- Ex-Uber driver sentenced to probation for molesting Scottsdale teenager
- Watch how fast a Valley monsoon can end driving visibility
- Fox Sports will use active drivers to call Xfinity race
- Andretti fights cancer and his message is on full display