Applying for a job is intimidating for anyone.
In a tough job market, it seems anything can disqualify a candidate. While overcoming nerves and a weaker resume is daunting, homeless people have a lot more things to worry about it. Things most of us take for granted — nicer clothes, personal hygiene — are tough for them to obtain.
That’s why the Tempe Community Action Agency offers its Shower Power program that sends a portable shower system to local shelters. It lets homeless people freshen up before an interview in hopes they’ll land a job.
TCAA also rents the system out to fund its homeless assist program, I-HELP.
TCAA takes online donations.
- Some students won’t pay more under Arizona university tuition proposals
- Number of Arizona jobs expected to increase by 150K over next two years
- Women arrested after posting video insulting Muslims at Tempe mosque
- Phoenix Rising releases renderings of future MLS stadium in Tempe
- Arizona mayors to tackle affordable housing, homelessness issues