Applying for a job is intimidating for anyone.
In a tough job market, it seems anything can disqualify a candidate. While overcoming nerves and a weaker resume is daunting, homeless people have a lot more things to worry about it. Things most of us take for granted — nicer clothes, personal hygiene — are tough for them to obtain.
That’s why the Tempe Community Action Agency offers its Shower Power program that sends a portable shower system to local shelters. It lets homeless people freshen up before an interview in hopes they’ll land a job.
TCAA also rents the system out to fund its homeless assist program, I-HELP.
TCAA takes online donations.
- Tempe child has tooth pulled by accident using toy car
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Florida health care company bringing up to 200 jobs to Phoenix area
- Tempe Fire Department undergoes dementia awareness training
- Silver Alert canceled for previously missing 81-year-old man