Applying for a job is intimidating for anyone.
In a tough job market, it seems anything can disqualify a candidate. While overcoming nerves and a weaker resume is daunting, homeless people have a lot more things to worry about it. Things most of us take for granted — nicer clothes, personal hygiene — are tough for them to obtain.
That’s why the Tempe Community Action Agency offers its Shower Power program that sends a portable shower system to local shelters. It lets homeless people freshen up before an interview in hopes they’ll land a job.
TCAA also rents the system out to fund its homeless assist program, I-HELP.
TCAA takes online donations.
- Phoenix-area programs awarded $26 million to give shelter to homeless
- Here are the Phoenix-area highway restrictions for Jan. 19 weekend
- Tempe fails to pass resolution opposing US-Mexico border wall
- Theater group helps immigrant and refugee students share their stories
- Amazon passes over Arizona cities for second headquarters site