Applying for a job is intimidating for anyone.
In a tough job market, it seems anything can disqualify a candidate. While overcoming nerves and a weaker resume is daunting, homeless people have a lot more things to worry about it. Things most of us take for granted — nicer clothes, personal hygiene — are tough for them to obtain.
That’s why the Tempe Community Action Agency offers its Shower Power program that sends a portable shower system to local shelters. It lets homeless people freshen up before an interview in hopes they’ll land a job.
TCAA also rents the system out to fund its homeless assist program, I-HELP.
TCAA takes online donations.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme’s son pleads not guilty to knife attack in Arizona
- Whoa! Man captures big dust devil on video in Tempe
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Brews and views: Thrillist names the Phoenix area’s best rooftop bars