Applying for a job is intimidating for anyone.
In a tough job market, it seems anything can disqualify a candidate. While overcoming nerves and a weaker resume is daunting, homeless people have a lot more things to worry about it. Things most of us take for granted — nicer clothes, personal hygiene — are tough for them to obtain.
That’s why the Tempe Community Action Agency offers its Shower Power program that sends a portable shower system to local shelters. It lets homeless people freshen up before an interview in hopes they’ll land a job.
TCAA also rents the system out to fund its homeless assist program, I-HELP.
TCAA takes online donations.
- Main Street Minute: Frontier Air starts nonstop Phoenix-Austin service
- Study: Phoenix climbs ranks of metro cities with better access to jobs
- Temper tantrums welcome at new venue in Tempe
- Westbound US 60 on-ramp at Mill Avenue will close this week for study
- Growing number of homeless seniors worries Phoenix shelter