The second “Bachelorette” couple to walk down the aisle will share a new chapter of their love story with millions of viewers, but Scottsdale residents may notice some familiar sights.
“I was so excited when I got a call from one of the show’s producers saying that Ashley and J.P. were heading to Scottsdale with their friends who were in their wedding party,” said Tatum Luoma, with the Scottsdale Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. “They were wanting to celebrate the upcoming wedding.”
An admitted fan of the show, Luoma helped producers come up with activities for the happy couple and bridal party, which included whiskey tasting, poolside pampering and ice-skating on the W Hotel’s second floor.
But Luoma is keeping the rest of the activities a secret.
“Just some teasers for the wedding special that will be airing this Sunday, where viewers cannot only watch them here in Scottsdale for the bachelor/bachelorette party, but also see them get married in Pasadena,” said Luoma.
“The Bachelorette: Ashley and J.P.’s Wedding,” a two-hour special, airs Sunday, Dec. 16 on ABC.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona