Police are searching for a man who allegedly attempted to rob a Peoria Walgreens store.
The suspect, identified as, 44-year-old George Mendoza, allegedly entered the Walgreens near 75th and Peoria avenues about 9 p.m. on Dec. 7. He handed the cashier a not demanding money, but left the store after the cashier became upset and was unable to open the register.
Surveillance video shows that Mendoze got into the passenger side of a silver SUV, possibly a Kia Sorrento, that had a white stick on the right side of the rear window.
Mendoza has a tear drop tattoo under his right eye, a large black tattoo on his left side and another tattoo that reads “Romona” on the right side of his neck.
Mendoza is currently on parole for a previous armed robbery and has a felony warrant for a parole violation.
Anyone with information on Mendoza’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Peoria Police Department at (623) 773-7045.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain