Police are searching for a man who allegedly attempted to rob a Peoria Walgreens store.
The suspect, identified as, 44-year-old George Mendoza, allegedly entered the Walgreens near 75th and Peoria avenues about 9 p.m. on Dec. 7. He handed the cashier a not demanding money, but left the store after the cashier became upset and was unable to open the register.
Surveillance video shows that Mendoze got into the passenger side of a silver SUV, possibly a Kia Sorrento, that had a white stick on the right side of the rear window.
Mendoza has a tear drop tattoo under his right eye, a large black tattoo on his left side and another tattoo that reads “Romona” on the right side of his neck.
Mendoza is currently on parole for a previous armed robbery and has a felony warrant for a parole violation.
Anyone with information on Mendoza’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Peoria Police Department at (623) 773-7045.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.