Christmas came early for 600 kids at Chase Field on Thursday.
Arizona Diamondbacks players, coaches and employees gave out gift bags full of presents including shoes, socks, sweatshirts and books.
D-backs President and CEO Derrick Hall said the event, which began 15 years ago, has grown.
“It started out as an event where we just gave out shoes,” he said.
D-backs pitcher Ian Kennedy said the kids thought the players were neat, but Santa stole the spotlight.
“I think every once in a while you see some kids that recognize us, but they just know us as baseball players,” he said. “I honestly think that Santa is the hit. I’ve been over there taking pictures with him before. It doesn’t even matter if you’re there or not, Santa is it.”
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever