PHOENIX — A new college football bowl game will be hosted in Tucson later this year, it was announced Thursday.
The NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl is scheduled for Dec. 29 at Arizona Stadium on the University of Arizona’s main campus in Tucson. The game will put a team from the Mountain West against one from Conference USA.
The game is expected to inject about $25 million into the city.
“This bowl game provides the people of Tucson two key deliverables that are desperately needed; charitable donations and economic opportunities,” NOVA Financial & Investment Corporation CEO Jon Volpe said in a release.
The bowl’s sponsor was founded in Tucson, something Alan Young, CEO of the Arizona Sports & Entertainment Commission, said makes NOVA Home Loans a perfect fit.
“NOVA Home Loans is the ideal sponsor for this event because of their deep roots in Tucson and their commitment to ensuring the economic and charitable impact the Bowl Game will have in Tucson,” he said.
- How much should you spend to avoid post-holiday blues in Arizona?
- Part of world’s largest telescope to be built at University of Arizona
- Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon draws 200 protesters in Tucson
- Cold case suspect in Tucson slayings found in Atlanta
- Rising rapper Lil Peep dies in Tucson before concert