PHOENIX — A new college football bowl game will be hosted in Tucson later this year, it was announced Thursday.
The NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl is scheduled for Dec. 29 at Arizona Stadium on the University of Arizona’s main campus in Tucson. The game will put a team from the Mountain West against one from Conference USA.
The game is expected to inject about $25 million into the city.
“This bowl game provides the people of Tucson two key deliverables that are desperately needed; charitable donations and economic opportunities,” NOVA Financial & Investment Corporation CEO Jon Volpe said in a release.
The bowl’s sponsor was founded in Tucson, something Alan Young, CEO of the Arizona Sports & Entertainment Commission, said makes NOVA Home Loans a perfect fit.
“NOVA Home Loans is the ideal sponsor for this event because of their deep roots in Tucson and their commitment to ensuring the economic and charitable impact the Bowl Game will have in Tucson,” he said.
- Which city in Arizona is the worst to live in?
- Report: Border Patrol to begin testing drones in Tucson for border security
- Appeals court sides with Tucson police officers in fatal 2014 shooting
- I-10 westbound near Tucson shuts down due to crash, causing long delays
- Arizona man sentenced to prison for threatening Mormon church members