The Arizona Department of Transportation is urging drivers to be cautious ahead of a coming winter storm.
Dustin Krugel with ADOT said drivers should ensure their car is in good repair before taking on tough conditions, but safe car does not replace safe driving.
“If you’re using Interstate 17 or Interstate 40, then you should be prepared for possible winter driving conditions,” he said. “Slow down, first of all, and just be patient and drive safely.”
Krugel said drivers should also make sure the vehicle is equipped with necessary items, like snow chains.
“Make sure that you have an emergency preparedness kit,” he said. “If you happen to get stranded off the side of the highway, you want to make sure you have some warm clothes, maybe some extra food, a flashlight.”
A winter storm is expected to bring rain and snow to the state through Saturday.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development