The Arizona Department of Transportation is urging drivers to be cautious ahead of a coming winter storm.
Dustin Krugel with ADOT said drivers should ensure their car is in good repair before taking on tough conditions, but safe car does not replace safe driving.
“If you’re using Interstate 17 or Interstate 40, then you should be prepared for possible winter driving conditions,” he said. “Slow down, first of all, and just be patient and drive safely.”
Krugel said drivers should also make sure the vehicle is equipped with necessary items, like snow chains.
“Make sure that you have an emergency preparedness kit,” he said. “If you happen to get stranded off the side of the highway, you want to make sure you have some warm clothes, maybe some extra food, a flashlight.”
A winter storm is expected to bring rain and snow to the state through Saturday.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments