The Arizona Department of Transportation is urging drivers to be cautious ahead of a coming winter storm.
Dustin Krugel with ADOT said drivers should ensure their car is in good repair before taking on tough conditions, but safe car does not replace safe driving.
“If you’re using Interstate 17 or Interstate 40, then you should be prepared for possible winter driving conditions,” he said. “Slow down, first of all, and just be patient and drive safely.”
Krugel said drivers should also make sure the vehicle is equipped with necessary items, like snow chains.
“Make sure that you have an emergency preparedness kit,” he said. “If you happen to get stranded off the side of the highway, you want to make sure you have some warm clothes, maybe some extra food, a flashlight.”
A winter storm is expected to bring rain and snow to the state through Saturday.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them