The Arizona Department of Transportation is urging drivers to be cautious ahead of a coming winter storm.
Dustin Krugel with ADOT said drivers should ensure their car is in good repair before taking on tough conditions, but safe car does not replace safe driving.
“If you’re using Interstate 17 or Interstate 40, then you should be prepared for possible winter driving conditions,” he said. “Slow down, first of all, and just be patient and drive safely.”
Krugel said drivers should also make sure the vehicle is equipped with necessary items, like snow chains.
“Make sure that you have an emergency preparedness kit,” he said. “If you happen to get stranded off the side of the highway, you want to make sure you have some warm clothes, maybe some extra food, a flashlight.”
A winter storm is expected to bring rain and snow to the state through Saturday.
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain