A big winter storm is making its way into Arizona and officials in the northern part of the state said they are ready for it.
“It’s really going to be more of an issue of ice,” said Melissa Preston with the City of Prescott. “It has to do with how quickly the rain will turn to snow, so icy conditions are anticipated much more than snow accumulation.”
Despite Preston’s prediction that the storm will bring more ice than snow, crews are still scheduled for long shifts to make sure everyone can get to work on Friday morning.
“We’ll have crews working 12-hours shifts to clear the area, so we’re on kind of a wait-and-see mode at this point,” she said. “We do have equipment prepared and ready for the snow.”
Prescott is forecast to get about five inches of snow.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development