Phoenicians can now break a sweat along with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The team opened the first-ever gym inside of a major league ballpark on Thursday when Mountainside Fitness opened its doors at Chase Field.
D-backs President and CEO Derrick Hall said the gym is part of a new downtown Phoenix.
“It used to be people would come in and work and leave right afterwards,” he said. “I think now you’re seeing people come in earlier — hopefully to work out — stay here, stay afterwards for a Suns game, or a D-backs game or a Rattlers game and even on non-game nights, coming down here for entertainment. Now the options are here and this fits right in with this plan.”
Hall said the gym, located off of Jefferson St., will be open from 4:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. It will also be open during D-backs games.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.