PHOENIX — Phoenix Swim Club, training site to Olympic medalists and home to Brophy Prep’s swim team, will be making way for a housing development.
Demolition of the two pools at 29th Street and Campbell Avenue is set for spring at the conclusion of the school’s swim season, according to Swimming World magazine.
The Jesuit prep school bought the site in 2002.
Edward Reese, president of Brophy College Prep, announced the move in an email:
Dear Brophy Faculty, Staff and Regents,
During this past week Brophy received an offer from an entity to purchase the Brophy Swim Club property at 28th Street and Campbell. Our Trustees have felt confident that it is a good offer and currently the property is in escrow. The buyer has hopes to develop homes that will enhance that neighborhood. As you know there are many hurdles to take before this offer becomes final.
We are beginning our first planning meeting very soon and our hope is that construction on the Brophy swimming pool on this campus will begin sometime this summer. We will continue to use the Campbell facility until the new pool is built so there will be no interruption to our state championship swim team. This is an exciting new adventure for all of us so stay tuned as I will share information with you as more substantive progress has been made.
Edward A. Reese, S.J.
Olympians Gary Hall Jr., Klete Keller and Anthony Ervin trained at the club and several acclaimed coaches have passed through its doors.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy