GILBERT, Ariz. — Tattoo artists at Rebellious Addiction Tattoo Studio are looking to make a difference during the holidays by collecting toys for Aid to Adoption of Special Kids.
In exchange, gift-bearers can get a free tattoo or piercing.
Toys for Tatts, back for a third year, is the brainchild of shop owner Doug Esteves.
“These children are children that are in the process of being adopted or finding a foster home,” Esteves said. “Oftentimes, during the holidays, these kids are in a state of limbo and don’t get a regular Christmas.”
The idea is simple: Bring in new toys with the store receipt and Esteves will match the value of the item(s) up to $50 in value good towards services at at the shop. Bring in $25 worth of toys to receive a $50 tattoo for free.
Those not interested in ink or piercings will receive a $50 gift certificate to pass along to a tattoo-loving relative or friend.
Donations will be accepted through Dec. 24.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever