A Valley mayor met with President Barack Obama on Wednesday morning to discuss the impending fiscal cliff.
“We are in agreement that something has to get done and that we need to get our nation moving in a balanced approach and…certainly not on the backs of the middle class,” said Avondale Mayor Marie Lopez Rogers of her time with the president.
Lopez Rogers said the consequences of going off the fiscal cliff would affect every town in America, including Avondale.
“It affects the infrastructure and what we can do in the older part of our city so we need to be careful about what we’re asking for and what investment we’re making in out home town,” she said.
Lopez Rogers, recently named the leader of the National league of Cities, participated in a session with Obama where he took questions from about 100 local and county officials from around the country.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments