A Valley mayor met with President Barack Obama on Wednesday morning to discuss the impending fiscal cliff.
“We are in agreement that something has to get done and that we need to get our nation moving in a balanced approach and…certainly not on the backs of the middle class,” said Avondale Mayor Marie Lopez Rogers of her time with the president.
Lopez Rogers said the consequences of going off the fiscal cliff would affect every town in America, including Avondale.
“It affects the infrastructure and what we can do in the older part of our city so we need to be careful about what we’re asking for and what investment we’re making in out home town,” she said.
Lopez Rogers, recently named the leader of the National league of Cities, participated in a session with Obama where he took questions from about 100 local and county officials from around the country.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon