Politico is reporting that a group of eight United States senators, including Arizona’s John McCain and Jeff Flake, is discussing immigration reform.
Flake’s office would not confirm the report and McCain’s office did not return calls.
McCain was a key player in the last congressional attempt at serious immigration reform in 2007, but took some criticism for his 2010 Senate campaign ad where he said “complete the danged fence.”
Political expert Mike O’Neil said immigration reform is long overdue and Mitt Romney’s tough stance on illegal immigration backfired during his run for the White House.
“He got killed with the Hispanic vote and think there’s people in the Republican party are looking at that and saying, ‘Unless we do something to make peace with that group, our long-term future looks pretty dim.'”
O’Neil said Arizona is a frontline state on illegal immigration and it makes perfect sense that our senators would be part of the discussion on immigration reform.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon