MARICOPA, Ariz. — An Arizona woman who knew she couldn’t compete head on with her neighbor’s elaborate Christmas light display is attracting attention for her response.
Using red and green lights, Kristina Green of Maricopa spelled out the word “ditto” and made an arrow pointing toward her neighbor’s home.
Green’s display is made of around 600 lights. She said he neighbor’s set-up has between 20,000 and 25,000 colorful lights.
“We have probably 100 to 150 people every night that come by our house and take pictures with their families,” she said.
Green said she hopes to create a food drive next year because so many people are coming to see the sign.
Green has created a Facebook page for her “ditto” sign.
Last year, a family in Beaverton, Ore., also erected the word “Ditto” with an arrow on the side of their own home toward a neighbor’s house as part of an online movement.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise