PHOENIX — A survey by an employment service predicts the Valley’s job market will be strong next year.
Manpower said 23 percent of the Valley employers they talked with plan to beef up staff from January through March and almost 70 percent will maintain the current workforce.
Those numbers put the Valley outlook second-best in the nation, according to Manpower. Jonathan Evans with Experis, a division of Manpower, saids he expects a surge in biotech jobs.
“Everything from lab technicians up to manufacturing and design engineers, inspectors, etc.”
Manpower said job prospects early next year appear to be solid in construction, manufacturing, financial activities, leisure and hospitality and it expects renewable energy jobs to pick up too.
Education and health services and government numbers are expected to remain unchanged.
Only 3 percent of the Valley employers surveyed by said they will cut staff early next year. That’s down from 6 percent for the first three months of last year.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.