PHOENIX — A survey by an employment service predicts the Valley’s job market will be strong next year.
Manpower said 23 percent of the Valley employers they talked with plan to beef up staff from January through March and almost 70 percent will maintain the current workforce.
Those numbers put the Valley outlook second-best in the nation, according to Manpower. Jonathan Evans with Experis, a division of Manpower, saids he expects a surge in biotech jobs.
“Everything from lab technicians up to manufacturing and design engineers, inspectors, etc.”
Manpower said job prospects early next year appear to be solid in construction, manufacturing, financial activities, leisure and hospitality and it expects renewable energy jobs to pick up too.
Education and health services and government numbers are expected to remain unchanged.
Only 3 percent of the Valley employers surveyed by said they will cut staff early next year. That’s down from 6 percent for the first three months of last year.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl