PHOENIX — A survey by an employment service predicts the Valley’s job market will be strong next year.
Manpower said 23 percent of the Valley employers they talked with plan to beef up staff from January through March and almost 70 percent will maintain the current workforce.
Those numbers put the Valley outlook second-best in the nation, according to Manpower. Jonathan Evans with Experis, a division of Manpower, saids he expects a surge in biotech jobs.
“Everything from lab technicians up to manufacturing and design engineers, inspectors, etc.”
Manpower said job prospects early next year appear to be solid in construction, manufacturing, financial activities, leisure and hospitality and it expects renewable energy jobs to pick up too.
Education and health services and government numbers are expected to remain unchanged.
Only 3 percent of the Valley employers surveyed by said they will cut staff early next year. That’s down from 6 percent for the first three months of last year.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them