Valley Metro’s Dial-a-Ride service is expanding to the retirement community of Sun City West, the agency announced in a Monday press release.
The community will be a part of a Dial-a-Ride service area that includes El Mirage, Surprise, Sun City and Youngtown.
“Expanding Northwest Valley Dial-a-Ride to include Sun City West provides a first-time travel option to the residents in this unique community,” said Arleen Schenck, Valley Metro Mobility Services Manager. “Valley Metro is working to regionalize the Dial-a- Ride service on behalf of the customer and the communities where they travel.
In order to use the Dial-a-Ride service, passengers must be ADA certified, 65 years of age or older or have a disability. Rides cost $4 for each one way trip.
The new service begins on Jan. 2, 2013.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier