Valley Metro’s Dial-a-Ride service is expanding to the retirement community of Sun City West, the agency announced in a Monday press release.
The community will be a part of a Dial-a-Ride service area that includes El Mirage, Surprise, Sun City and Youngtown.
“Expanding Northwest Valley Dial-a-Ride to include Sun City West provides a first-time travel option to the residents in this unique community,” said Arleen Schenck, Valley Metro Mobility Services Manager. “Valley Metro is working to regionalize the Dial-a- Ride service on behalf of the customer and the communities where they travel.
In order to use the Dial-a-Ride service, passengers must be ADA certified, 65 years of age or older or have a disability. Rides cost $4 for each one way trip.
The new service begins on Jan. 2, 2013.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered