A 19-year-old man who allegedly killed a young girl in Phoenix on Dec. 6 and then set a house on fire, is being held on charges of first-degree murder, arson and theft.
Police said Tashawn Treyvon Cheatham was an acquaintance of the victim, 13-year-old Briana Naylor. Naylor’s mother asked him to leave the house when she left for work.
According to a release, police believe Cheatham is responsible for the death of Naylor.
Cheatham is also being charged with theft for allegedly stealing the family’s dog and selling it.
Phoenix Police are asking for the return of the family’s dog, “Marilyn.”
Police said if anyone has information on the whereabouts of the dog, to call the Phoenix Police Violent Crimes Bureau at (602) 262-6141 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy