A 19-year-old man who allegedly killed a young girl in Phoenix on Dec. 6 and then set a house on fire, is being held on charges of first-degree murder, arson and theft.
Police said Tashawn Treyvon Cheatham was an acquaintance of the victim, 13-year-old Briana Naylor. Naylor’s mother asked him to leave the house when she left for work.
According to a release, police believe Cheatham is responsible for the death of Naylor.
Cheatham is also being charged with theft for allegedly stealing the family’s dog and selling it.
Phoenix Police are asking for the return of the family’s dog, “Marilyn.”
Police said if anyone has information on the whereabouts of the dog, to call the Phoenix Police Violent Crimes Bureau at (602) 262-6141 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever