A 19-year-old man who allegedly killed a young girl in Phoenix on Dec. 6 and then set a house on fire, is being held on charges of first-degree murder, arson and theft.
Police said Tashawn Treyvon Cheatham was an acquaintance of the victim, 13-year-old Briana Naylor. Naylor’s mother asked him to leave the house when she left for work.
According to a release, police believe Cheatham is responsible for the death of Naylor.
Cheatham is also being charged with theft for allegedly stealing the family’s dog and selling it.
Phoenix Police are asking for the return of the family’s dog, “Marilyn.”
Police said if anyone has information on the whereabouts of the dog, to call the Phoenix Police Violent Crimes Bureau at (602) 262-6141 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes