PHOENIX — It has been a long time coming but seriously cooler temperatures are finally here.
The Valley had its second warmest November on record. Through last Friday temperatures were hovering around 80 degrees. Monday’s high is expected to be in the 60s and lows in some spots in the 30s.
What took so long for the cool down?
“High pressure has been close to us and just didn’t want to go away. That’s been keeping the storms away from us,” said Austin Jamison with the National Weather Service.
He added that it’s not unusual for the area to have such warm temperatures in December.
“(But) If we’re like this in January, I’m definitely concerned.”
Another cooling system is on the way later this week and this one is bringing something extra with it.
“It will bring a better chance of precipitation,” Jamison said.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments