PHOENIX — It has been a long time coming but seriously cooler temperatures are finally here.
The Valley had its second warmest November on record. Through last Friday temperatures were hovering around 80 degrees. Monday’s high is expected to be in the 60s and lows in some spots in the 30s.
What took so long for the cool down?
“High pressure has been close to us and just didn’t want to go away. That’s been keeping the storms away from us,” said Austin Jamison with the National Weather Service.
He added that it’s not unusual for the area to have such warm temperatures in December.
“(But) If we’re like this in January, I’m definitely concerned.”
Another cooling system is on the way later this week and this one is bringing something extra with it.
“It will bring a better chance of precipitation,” Jamison said.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development