PHOENIX — Temperatures are expected to cool off in the Valley this week, and that could leave a lot of people feeling under the weather.
The colder weather can bring on the allergies.
“You have a lot of stuff spreading around this time of year, and when it does get colder, it makes people more susceptible,” said Dr. David Mendelson, an ears, nose throat specialist at Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital.
He said whatever is in bloom is more likely to be the cause of the problems instead of colder weather.
“Every year what I do see is that whenever people pull out their Christmas tree, they have more allergies,” said Mendelson. “They don’t realize that they are actually reacting to whatever is on the artificial tree or their live tree.”
He said people with live trees may be allergic to pine.
Mendelson said washing hands thoroughly or maybe even wearing a breathing mask can help to avoid allergy problems.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever