The search for a missing Arizona State University student will not be carried out in a Tempe river basin, police said.
A Friday search conducted by multiple agencies came up empty-handed for a sign of 19-year-old Jack Culolias, who has been missing since Nov. 30 after being removed from Cadillac Ranch, a bar, during a fraternity event for being intoxicated.
Campus police said Culolias’ friends saw him heading to a taxi cab, but he hasn’t been seen since. His mother reported him missing Sunday.
The search was originally called off after three days, but a tip said a silhouette similar to that of a body was spotted in the water northeast of the area that crews had searched for three days.
Culolias’ fraternity brothers were also aiding in the search.
“There’s really nothing else I could imagine we’d be doing that would be more important than being here,” said Alec Katric. “It’s hard to focus somewhere else. I can’t just sit in my room.”
Katric said the experience has been “terrible” for him and his fraternity as the search for Culolias has gone on.
A shoe found earlier in the week near Tempe Town Lake was linked to Culolias on Friday.
The shoe was tested for DNA evidence that matched that of Culolias.
Police are planning to continue their investigation.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns