The search for a missing Arizona State University student will not be carried out in a Tempe river basin, police said.
A Friday search conducted by multiple agencies came up empty-handed for a sign of 19-year-old Jack Culolias, who has been missing since Nov. 30 after being removed from Cadillac Ranch, a bar, during a fraternity event for being intoxicated.
Campus police said Culolias’ friends saw him heading to a taxi cab, but he hasn’t been seen since. His mother reported him missing Sunday.
The search was originally called off after three days, but a tip said a silhouette similar to that of a body was spotted in the water northeast of the area that crews had searched for three days.
Culolias’ fraternity brothers were also aiding in the search.
“There’s really nothing else I could imagine we’d be doing that would be more important than being here,” said Alec Katric. “It’s hard to focus somewhere else. I can’t just sit in my room.”
Katric said the experience has been “terrible” for him and his fraternity as the search for Culolias has gone on.
A shoe found earlier in the week near Tempe Town Lake was linked to Culolias on Friday.
The shoe was tested for DNA evidence that matched that of Culolias.
Police are planning to continue their investigation.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them