The first Phoenix Brewers Invitational taps the kegs Friday and Saturday at Heritage Square in downtown Phoenix.
More than 60 breweries are involved the two-day event, raising awareness of the local craft beer industry and raising money for brain cancer awareness.
“My friend’s wife passed away three years ago of brain cancer, and he founded the Beer For Brains foundation,” said event organizer Greg Fritz. “While I’m trying to help that organization out, I was diagnosed with tonsil cancer. People don’t think cancer affects them, and then it does”.
Eighteen Arizona breweries are taking part. Each brewery will serve the beer they are best known for and also a special seasonal beer.
The event is free, but attendees will need to purchase a special mug to sample the beer. Those samples cost $1 each.
Hours are noon to 10 p.m. for both days.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas