The first Phoenix Brewers Invitational taps the kegs Friday and Saturday at Heritage Square in downtown Phoenix.
More than 60 breweries are involved the two-day event, raising awareness of the local craft beer industry and raising money for brain cancer awareness.
“My friend’s wife passed away three years ago of brain cancer, and he founded the Beer For Brains foundation,” said event organizer Greg Fritz. “While I’m trying to help that organization out, I was diagnosed with tonsil cancer. People don’t think cancer affects them, and then it does”.
Eighteen Arizona breweries are taking part. Each brewery will serve the beer they are best known for and also a special seasonal beer.
The event is free, but attendees will need to purchase a special mug to sample the beer. Those samples cost $1 each.
Hours are noon to 10 p.m. for both days.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon