PHOENIX — The Central Arizona Dental Society greeted nearly a thousand patients seeking free dental care Friday morning at the state’s first Dental Mission of Mercy.
The Central Arizona Dental Society is hosting the two-day event, which runs Friday and Saturday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix.
“It’s to treat people who have pains and infections dental-related who can’t afford to get treatment otherwise,” said Dr. Mark Hughes, spokesman for CADS.
The organization rounded up 300 volunteer dentists to provide all sorts of free dental procedures. They will be able to see about 2,000 patients.
“The biggest area is the restorative area where we’ll be doing fillings and things like that,” Hughes said.
Hughes said the dentists will provide about $1 million dollars in free, basic care.
The Mission of Mercy has been held for about 10 years in 24 other states.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development