PHOENIX — The Central Arizona Dental Society greeted nearly a thousand patients seeking free dental care Friday morning at the state’s first Dental Mission of Mercy.
The Central Arizona Dental Society is hosting the two-day event, which runs Friday and Saturday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix.
“It’s to treat people who have pains and infections dental-related who can’t afford to get treatment otherwise,” said Dr. Mark Hughes, spokesman for CADS.
The organization rounded up 300 volunteer dentists to provide all sorts of free dental procedures. They will be able to see about 2,000 patients.
“The biggest area is the restorative area where we’ll be doing fillings and things like that,” Hughes said.
Hughes said the dentists will provide about $1 million dollars in free, basic care.
The Mission of Mercy has been held for about 10 years in 24 other states.
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match