If you’re hunting for a big-time travel bargain, you may want to wait until January.
January’s Dead Week will be one of the cheapest times to travel as the industry looks to attract the interest of shoppers who may have overspent.
Dead Week travel runs from Jan. 4 to Jan. 16.
Kari Mollan, with Stellar Travel in Seattle, is also KTAR’s national travel expert. She said the bargains can be had next month if you’re willing to be flexible.
“I’m seeing hotels running specials of up to 55 percent off on all-inclusive packages. Airfares will be down 30 percent for specific days of travel. Be flexible and you can get a bargain.”
There are some exceptions to the Dead Week discounts.
“Ski vacation travel packages will be up a bit because they’re going into the high season,” said Mollan.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever