If you’re hunting for a big-time travel bargain, you may want to wait until January.
January’s Dead Week will be one of the cheapest times to travel as the industry looks to attract the interest of shoppers who may have overspent.
Dead Week travel runs from Jan. 4 to Jan. 16.
Kari Mollan, with Stellar Travel in Seattle, is also KTAR’s national travel expert. She said the bargains can be had next month if you’re willing to be flexible.
“I’m seeing hotels running specials of up to 55 percent off on all-inclusive packages. Airfares will be down 30 percent for specific days of travel. Be flexible and you can get a bargain.”
There are some exceptions to the Dead Week discounts.
“Ski vacation travel packages will be up a bit because they’re going into the high season,” said Mollan.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains