As the search for a missing Arizona State University student intensifies, the university said it began to look for the man as soon as it was notified.
In a statement, ASU said it was notified on Dec. 2 that 19-year-old Jack Culolias had not been seen since a fraternity event the previous night at Cadillac Ranch in Tempe Marketplace. The investigation was turned over to the Tempe Police Department on Dec. 4, though ASU is still active in the investigation.
Earlier this week, Culolias’ mother, Grace Culolias of Brea, Calif., criticized law enforcement, saying that it took far too long for authorities to begin the search for her son.
“Too much time had gone by,” she said. “There was a lack of support of real people out searching for him. The shoe could have been found as early as Saturday.”
Grace Culolias claimed that she found a shoe that may have belonged to her son along nearby Tempe Town Lake.
It is believed that Jack Culolias was drinking prior to his time at Cadillac Ranch and evidence shows he may have been served at least one drink at the bar.
“He had his credit card there and it had and $8 tab on it,” said Grace Culolias. “I’m sure it was for only one cocktail.”
Information released by police suggests the student was intoxicated and was kicked out of the establishment. From that point, no one has seen or heard from him.
“There’s no evidence of foul play, he’s just gone,” said Grace Culolias. “I really, really don’t know. It’s so hard.”
ASU said any allegations of misconduct by the fraternity would be investigated by its Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food