A Phoenix church is asking anyone who has a spare minute to use it to pray for someone else.
Shiloh Community Church believes that people everywhere need prayer.
“Somebody’s in need,” said Pastor Jason West. “Somebody that you want to reach out to, somebody who just needs to hear the love of God.”
So West is making this request:
“We’re asking everybody, if they could, to consider praying for one person, for one minute, everyday at one o’clock, leading up to Christmas. That’s why we’re calling it 1-1-1.”
West said the idea of the 1-1-1 prayer started in Korea. He first heard of it from a church in California.
“It’s been spreading throughout the world, and it’s very simple,” he said. “It’s just trying to get people back to the routine of praying for one another.”
West first announced the 1-1-1 prayer idea to his congregation during last weekend’s services.
“Just imagine what would happen if everyone in the city just started praying? At one o’clock. Just start praying for somebody in need! What kind of prayer movement could start in this city and around the world?”
West believes that the effort may lift someone’s spirits this holiday season by letting them know that someone cares enough to pray for them for one minute, every day at 1 p.m.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development