A Phoenix church is asking anyone who has a spare minute to use it to pray for someone else.
Shiloh Community Church believes that people everywhere need prayer.
“Somebody’s in need,” said Pastor Jason West. “Somebody that you want to reach out to, somebody who just needs to hear the love of God.”
So West is making this request:
“We’re asking everybody, if they could, to consider praying for one person, for one minute, everyday at one o’clock, leading up to Christmas. That’s why we’re calling it 1-1-1.”
West said the idea of the 1-1-1 prayer started in Korea. He first heard of it from a church in California.
“It’s been spreading throughout the world, and it’s very simple,” he said. “It’s just trying to get people back to the routine of praying for one another.”
West first announced the 1-1-1 prayer idea to his congregation during last weekend’s services.
“Just imagine what would happen if everyone in the city just started praying? At one o’clock. Just start praying for somebody in need! What kind of prayer movement could start in this city and around the world?”
West believes that the effort may lift someone’s spirits this holiday season by letting them know that someone cares enough to pray for them for one minute, every day at 1 p.m.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona