A Phoenix church is asking anyone who has a spare minute to use it to pray for someone else.
Shiloh Community Church believes that people everywhere need prayer.
“Somebody’s in need,” said Pastor Jason West. “Somebody that you want to reach out to, somebody who just needs to hear the love of God.”
So West is making this request:
“We’re asking everybody, if they could, to consider praying for one person, for one minute, everyday at one o’clock, leading up to Christmas. That’s why we’re calling it 1-1-1.”
West said the idea of the 1-1-1 prayer started in Korea. He first heard of it from a church in California.
“It’s been spreading throughout the world, and it’s very simple,” he said. “It’s just trying to get people back to the routine of praying for one another.”
West first announced the 1-1-1 prayer idea to his congregation during last weekend’s services.
“Just imagine what would happen if everyone in the city just started praying? At one o’clock. Just start praying for somebody in need! What kind of prayer movement could start in this city and around the world?”
West believes that the effort may lift someone’s spirits this holiday season by letting them know that someone cares enough to pray for them for one minute, every day at 1 p.m.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.