A Phoenix church is asking anyone who has a spare minute to use it to pray for someone else.
Shiloh Community Church believes that people everywhere need prayer.
“Somebody’s in need,” said Pastor Jason West. “Somebody that you want to reach out to, somebody who just needs to hear the love of God.”
So West is making this request:
“We’re asking everybody, if they could, to consider praying for one person, for one minute, everyday at one o’clock, leading up to Christmas. That’s why we’re calling it 1-1-1.”
West said the idea of the 1-1-1 prayer started in Korea. He first heard of it from a church in California.
“It’s been spreading throughout the world, and it’s very simple,” he said. “It’s just trying to get people back to the routine of praying for one another.”
West first announced the 1-1-1 prayer idea to his congregation during last weekend’s services.
“Just imagine what would happen if everyone in the city just started praying? At one o’clock. Just start praying for somebody in need! What kind of prayer movement could start in this city and around the world?”
West believes that the effort may lift someone’s spirits this holiday season by letting them know that someone cares enough to pray for them for one minute, every day at 1 p.m.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night