PHOENIX — The University of Phoenix is joining forces with community colleges across the country, including Maricopa Community Colleges, in an effort to boost enrollment.
Along with hopes for improved enrollment, the move is expected to put more people into the workforce quicker.
The partnership will funnel community college graduates with associate degrees to the for-profit University of Phoenix for bachelor degree programs.
“Americans want to make sure they can complete associate degrees at a community college and then seamlessly take those credits into a bachelor’s program,” said University of Phoenix spokesman Ryan Rauzon.
The University of Phoenix is the largest private university in North America despite an dropoff from almost a half-million students to about 330,000. Several campuses have been closed. Online competition with other schools is fierce.
Rauzon is aware of the perception that the move will be viewed as a means for the university to generate profit.
“The reality is that if we as higher education institutions don’t come together to produce more graduates we will never get the workforce of what employers are actually needing,” he said.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas