PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns’ “Satisfaction Guaranteed” or your money back night, set for Thursday against the Dallas Mavericks, was designed to get bodies in the seats.
It’s working. As of mid-morning game day, only a few hundred tickets remained.
The promotion, offering fans a full refund if they don’t have a good time, was announced Nov. 30.
“The league office has told us that this is the first time any team in the NBA has done a satisfaction guaranteed night,” said Suns president Jason Rowley during the announcement.
Earlier this week, ESPN Sports business analyst Darren Rovell told radio hosts Mike & Mike on Arizona Sports 620, “If you don’t go home happy, they will give you your money back. No questions asked.”
The Suns are 7-12 and on a four-game losing streak going into the game against the Mavericks.
Rowley said the deal is an attempt to get fans to see the excitement the young team can offer.
The form to get money back will be available online after the game. The form must be mailed in to get the refund and the original ticket stub must be included.
Tipoff is 8:30 p.m. The game will be carried by TNT.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this article.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl