PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns’ “Satisfaction Guaranteed” or your money back night, set for Thursday against the Dallas Mavericks, was designed to get bodies in the seats.
It’s working. As of mid-morning game day, only a few hundred tickets remained.
The promotion, offering fans a full refund if they don’t have a good time, was announced Nov. 30.
“The league office has told us that this is the first time any team in the NBA has done a satisfaction guaranteed night,” said Suns president Jason Rowley during the announcement.
Earlier this week, ESPN Sports business analyst Darren Rovell told radio hosts Mike & Mike on Arizona Sports 620, “If you don’t go home happy, they will give you your money back. No questions asked.”
The Suns are 7-12 and on a four-game losing streak going into the game against the Mavericks.
Rowley said the deal is an attempt to get fans to see the excitement the young team can offer.
The form to get money back will be available online after the game. The form must be mailed in to get the refund and the original ticket stub must be included.
Tipoff is 8:30 p.m. The game will be carried by TNT.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this article.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain