PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns’ “Satisfaction Guaranteed” or your money back night, set for Thursday against the Dallas Mavericks, was designed to get bodies in the seats.
It’s working. As of mid-morning game day, only a few hundred tickets remained.
The promotion, offering fans a full refund if they don’t have a good time, was announced Nov. 30.
“The league office has told us that this is the first time any team in the NBA has done a satisfaction guaranteed night,” said Suns president Jason Rowley during the announcement.
Earlier this week, ESPN Sports business analyst Darren Rovell told radio hosts Mike & Mike on Arizona Sports 620, “If you don’t go home happy, they will give you your money back. No questions asked.”
The Suns are 7-12 and on a four-game losing streak going into the game against the Mavericks.
Rowley said the deal is an attempt to get fans to see the excitement the young team can offer.
The form to get money back will be available online after the game. The form must be mailed in to get the refund and the original ticket stub must be included.
Tipoff is 8:30 p.m. The game will be carried by TNT.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this article.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development